[SDL] SDL_Mixer sound effect problem causing my game to stutter

James OMeara james at nformant.net
Sat Nov 5 01:53:51 PST 2005

I'm having problems with my game stuttering when I use sound effects. I tried
pasting in the source code, but it keeps giving me problems with lines being
over 80 characters, so I saved everything as a .txt file, and put it on my
website. Hopefully this won't be a problem.

Here's the link:
http://www.nformant.net/SoundEffects.txt

I've got stuff explained in the text file.

Is there anything in the code I posted that could be causing this?

And if it's not this code that's causing it, anyone have any suggestions as to
what could be causing the stuttering now that I've switched over to the new way
of doing things?