[SDL] about lciense

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Nov 4 12:51:52 PST 2005

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 06:40:09PM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> maybe you misunderstood ... the idea was to dual license in the case of
> embedded systems only ... "normal", i.e. windows/linux desktop systems, will
> still use the current LGPL

I'm curious, who's to say which environments are 'exempt' from the LGPL,
and fall under the alternate license?

Would Sam (or someone) "bless" particular platforms (e.g., BREW), and
list them somewhere (in the license and/or libsdl.org website)?

And in that case, I suppose we'd want some kind of form, or other way of
submitting a request, for when new platforms come out.

And what happens when/if a platform 'opens up', later down the road?
(Say suddenly all owners of BREW phones now have a way to upload apps
directly, rather than purchasing them over-the-air... how will that affect
the license?)

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com