[SDL] I/O problem (stdio and stderr redirection to txt files)

Brian Kropf bkropf at emich.edu
Mon Mar 21 14:40:15 PST 2005

Sorry, gotta step back in on this one.  I don't think Donny is being
abrasive, I personally think most of his comments are pretty spot on,
but that's just me.  It's pretty crazy how far afield this thread has
gotten from a simple "lets remove the stdio redirection" that it started
from :)

I always thought that one of the benefits of SDL was that it provides a
thin layer between the underlying OS's video, sound, threading, input,
etc...  That's the attraction of SDL for me, I don't need to spend hours
pouring over the documentation of X11, or OSX figuring out how to use
the respective libraries.  So why would people have such a big problem
with wanting an API that gives a uniform method of reporting error
conditions to users?  The actual method can be different (ie stdio, gui
messagebox, file, etc), but wouldn't it be beneficial?

- brian