[SDL] Pumping event queue causing screen update!

Jeff j_post at pacbell.net
Sun Mar 20 15:24:09 PST 2005

On Sunday 20 March 2005 12:32 pm, David Olofson wrote:
> On Sunday 20 March 2005 20.14, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> > > It's not that strange all the time. Plenty of plenty blame their
> > > tools before themselves.
> >
> > That wasn't very polite.

Consider the source.

> Either way, my habit of always blaming my code first had me waste
> about two hours the other day,

It's a good habit to have, David. I hope you never give it up.

One principle I always tried to impress on the younger engineers was that if
someone says there's a bug in your code, then there *is* a bug in your code,
until proven otherwise. It is incumbent on the software engineer to determine
that the bug does not exist, either by proving the correctness of the code,
or by showing that it is impossible for the code to do what is claimed.

(Someone once reported a bug in one of my projects and I was able to show
that for the software to behave that way, it would have to be able to predict
the future. As a friend of mine use to say, "If I could do that, you couldn't
afford me." :-)  Not that my code is immune to bugs, this is just an example.)

JP