[SDL] I/O problem (stdio and stderr redirection to txt files)

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Sat Mar 19 08:58:23 PST 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 10.57, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 05:45:26AM +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> > If the max resolution is lower than that, you're in a text mode
> > console where stderr/stdout is the way to go, or you're on a cell
> > phone that has no chance of running a "PC class" SDL application
> > anyway.
>
> Actually...
>
> Cellphones are getting up into the 100s of MHz in CPU speed, and
> 10s of MBs of RAM and storage, much like 'high end' PDAs.

Yeah, I realize that, and there are probably PDAs with smaller screens
than 320x200 as well. You could also find yourself running on a high
end SMP single board computer built into some machine with a tiny
monochrome 160x120 display or something... Same problem.

Either way, if you're 'on a cell phone that has no chance of running a
"PC class" SDL application', you're not on one of these high end
cellphones, and their mere existence doesn't help you. ;-)