[SDL] I/O problem (stdio and stderr redirection to txt files)

Brian Barrett brian.ripoff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 04:56:17 PST 2005

>               B) The average X (Linux, BSD, etc.) user will be >smart enough to
>check stdout / stderr themselves.

Do you not think that's just a bit misinformed. i used linux and
before learniing SDL i would have no reason to assume apps printed
errors to some obscure file when they crashed.

The way i see it is
1) SDL can make windows on many platforms
2) SDL has built in surfaces

so instead of printing SDL_Parachute deployed , after the window
closes, open a different window and import an error surface... at the
very least you could set the title of the window to SDL_ERROR #4 so
users could report errors back to the developers...