[SDL] Beginner question: can't enter to fullscreen mode

Aaron C. flathead at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 26 17:27:21 PDT 2005

Going off-topic for a moment,

> The correct and always working way to switch to fullscreen is to call
> SDL_SetVideoMode again with SDL_FULLSCREEN in the flags. It will
> destroy the OpenGL context, though, so you have to reload textures and
> display lists.

Under what circumstances will the OGL context be destroyed? Always? I
have a perfectly working (as far as I can tell.. :-)) piece of code that
will:
  1) Set video mode,
  2) Reset and recalculate viewport & perspective,
and nothing else. I can call this as many times as I like, yet my OGL
context seems fine (tested only on Linux/X11). Perhaps this is platform
dependant?

Thanks,
-- Aaron