[SDL] Patch for sub surfaces

Bob Pendleton bob at pendleton.com
Thu Jun 23 13:28:15 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 13:31 -0400, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> > Could it at least be considered for SDL 1.3?  Seldom have I seen an addition
> > so simple and elegant.
>
> Well, obviously this is Sam's call...I didn't mean to sound like the
> authority here.

Ya'know... I personally would object to this one just because of the
questions it would generate on the mailing list. How many times are we
going to see questions about using sub-sufaces in OpenGL and so on. Not
to mention how easy it is to do with clipping rectangles and the create
surface from hack...

Ok, I know I am being a curmudgeon, but some features create more
problems than they are worth.

		Bob Pendleton

> --ryan.

+ email: Bob at Pendleton.com             +
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com          +
+ www.Wise2Food.com                    +
+ nutrient info on 6,000+ common foods +