[SDL] About using SDL in commercial projects

Gabriel mystml at adinet.com.uy
Sun Jun 19 20:30:36 PDT 2005

        are you dynamicly or staticly linking to sdl?
        if dynamicly linking, that's cool im sure.
        if staticly linking not sure...
        the intent of the licensing as i understand it is to make it so
        if someone wants to update or modify the SDL lib, they should be
        able to do so and relink to whatever program is using sdl.

That's correct. I distribute DLLs with my games and that's it.

If you statically link, you still must provide a way to relink your game
with a different SDL. That isn't the same as distributing the sources -
you could, in theory, distribute just your object files.

Using DLLs is still easier. Do you have any reason NOT to dynamically
link?

	--Gabriel