[SDL] using a display other than :0

David Sharp whereami at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 20:20:34 PDT 2005

On 6/11/05, Simon Roby <simon.roby at gmail.com> wrote:
> You should look into specifying "MetaModes" in your X11 config. Check
> the nVidia documentation. Through MetaModes you can configure
> resolutions where only one of the two displays is enabled (the other
> just shuts down while this resolution is in effect). For example you
> can set "1024x768; NULL" so that when in 1024x768 runs the first
> screen at 1024x768 and the second is disabled. Then run Stepmania (or
> any other fullscreen game) at that resolution, and it will use only
> one screen.

ah, i do use MetaModes in my xorg.conf, but I didn't realize you could
mix non-dual modes with dual ones. Thanks, this should work for what
i'm trying to do.

However, i may have discovered a little problem with SDL here? I think
there should be a way to choose the display. or is this just a strange
problem with my system, where SDL doesn't heed the DISPLAY variable
(environment variables seems to be SDL's style for this kind of
thing)? maybe i'll look through some source and possibly come up with
a patch, if i'm not lazy.