[SDL] mouse sensitivity

Christoph charnold at gmx.de
Tue Jun 28 02:27:35 PDT 2005

> OK, that makes sense.
> Is there any reason I can't just do call SDL_QuitSubsystem() and then
> SDL_InitSubsystem() on all platforms anyway?

Whoops, sorry, Xavier was right - you don't need to reinitalize video subsystem, just call SDL_SetVideoMode and it should be fine. I've checked it few minutes ago with my engine and it worked. However...

> Hmmm... Guess we're out of the SDL realm here and talking about OpenGL...
> I'd have thought that if the context is destroyed, all the texture
> objects go with it (although I know there is a way to tell contexts to
> share textures).
> I could imagine that a lot of opengl drivers implement glGenTextures and
> glDeleteTextures as null operations and just have a big internal array
> of texture pointers - this would explain why the guy on gamedev could
> use old (unallocated) texture names... but really I'd like to know what
> the 'proper' answer is here...

... after toggling fullscreen, textures were deleted. First I thought there's sth wrong with my code, but then I found this:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=175510
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=272440

So, OGL context is destroyed => textures are deleted => you have to reload them :-/

Koshmaar