[SDL] 12bpp mode

Neil Bryden Neil.Bryden at greyinnovation.com
Mon Jun 20 19:42:09 PDT 2005

Hello all,

My first post to the list, so I apologise if I get any local etiquette
wrong ;-)

I would like to use SDL on an embedded device which has an LCD which
only supports 12 bit/pixel (12bpp) color.

I have got everything running, (testsprite produces somewhat expected
results) however (I assume) because the chosen video mode uses 2
bytes/pixel, I'm missing some vertical lines and the aspect ratio and
colors are wrong.

Has anyone successfully got SDL to run at 12bpp?  If not, and I was to
add this support, can anyone offer any pointers as to where to start and
how it should be done to best fit in with the current codebase so we can
contribute it back?

Thanks,
Neil.