[SDL] alsa and DMA..

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:32:06 PST 2005

> >What problems are therre with the current alsa backend?
> >
> The problem seems specific to ac97 cards (I have one, and other ac97
> owners reported sound issues too), but I'm not sure.

have you a link to a report or two, I'm seeing the odd wierd thing but
I've so far blamed it all on my hardware (the hardware guy can't prove
it :-), I've had an issue with using different channels in SDL_mixer
with my system...

> I'd say at most 3-4% cpu on a 500Mhz machine. I have not done such
> measurements for a long time, however so I can't say for a more recent cpu.

it might be worth it, I've only got a 500Mhz processor ...

> Well, ping me on irc or by mail if you do anything.

will do...

Dave.