[SDL] Re: moving screen when u change resolution

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Fri Jan 28 19:27:52 PST 2005

Jon Colverson wrote:
> As mentioned at:
> http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/SDL_5fenvvars
> neither users nor applications should be relying on the
> environment variables; they aren't part of the API.

If there was no need to access this functionality, these environment
variables wouldn't exist in the first place.  That said, I wouldn't mind at
all if these environment variables were replaced with functions in the C
API.

> SDL_VIDEO_CENTERED looks like the only variable which
> provides potentially portable functionality, and as such,
> I think it would be a good candidate for being added to
> the C API (presumably as a flag for SDL_SetVideoMode(),
> which I believe could be added without breaking binary
> compatability in any direction).

I'd like to see at least the following in the C API:

SDL_VIDEODRIVER (plus some way of enumerating available video drivers)
SDL_VIDEO_CENTERED
SDL_WINDOWID
SDL_AUDIODRIVER (plus some way of enumerating available audio drivers)

--
Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com - http://eldwood.com