[SDL] SDL_PollEvent VS SDL_WaitEvent

Pete Elmore pete at petta-tech.com
Thu Jan 27 19:51:40 PST 2005

SDL_PollEvent is non-blocking, so you usually put that in your main loop
to handle user input, if there's a possibility that there is none.  You
would use this in a single-threaded program.  ("Press any key to stop
this cool animation.")

SDL_WaitEvent blocks; it doesn't return until there is an event.  So a
call to it will cause your program to wait if the user hasn't pressed
any keys or moved the mouse or anything.  ("Press any key to continue.")