[SDL] Re: SDL on Mac OS X

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Thu Jan 27 18:40:02 PST 2005

>> I downloaded and installed the SDL and SDL development
>> packages for Mac OS X that integrate with Xcode. Cool so
>> far, but then I went to install some of the libraries
>> such
>> as SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_ttf, etc. There were no
>> pre-bult packages, so I thought I would just build them.
>> However, there does not appear to be an sdl-config
>> script, so the packages fail.

If you build SDL from source (and maybe if you install the development
packages), sdl-config should be placed in /usr/local/bin.  However, the
default path on OS X does not include /usr/local/bin, so sdl-config will not
be found.  Fix the path and you're set.

Sorry if this has already been said; I missed the beginning of the thread.

--
Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com - http://eldwood.com