[SDL] endianness in SDL_audio.c

Frode Tennebø frodet at nvg.ntnu.no
Thu Jan 27 15:29:17 PST 2005

> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 16:37 +0100, Patrice Mandin wrote:
>

> The root of the problem is that developers use AUDIO_S16
> when they should be using AUDIO_S16SYS. I recently fixed
> Tux Paint, then patched up a wiki somewhere to warn about
> the issue. App developers are pretty much led into using
> AUDIO_S16 instead of the correct AUDIO_S16SYS.

I am aware of the problem with AUDIO_S16 vs. AUDIO_S16SYS. In my case I
have sound data produced from a separate library which delivers this in
LSB. SPARC expects MSB and the way I read the SDL code it has the
ability to convert between representations.

> As far as I can tell, one should never use AUDIO_S16 in
> app code. It should be removed from the headers I think.

I'm (pretty - I'll check again tomorrow) sure I tried both before and
after applying my fix and the result was the same. audio->spec.format =
AUDIO_S16MSB on SPARC.

I'm a novice with SDL audio so it could be that I'm missing something
tho'. If so, what?

 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tennebø | email: frode at tennebo.com | Frode at IRC ^
|  with Standard.Disclaimer; use Standard.Disclaimer;  |