[SDL] Re: SDL on Mac OS X

Olivier Fabre off at free.fr.ARGL.invalid
Thu Jan 27 09:35:31 PST 2005

On 27/01/2005, Chris Nystrom, you wrote:

> So it seems like there are 2 paths for SDL development on the OS X
> platform:

> 1. Native Xcode: integrates well with OS X, but no libraries.

> 2. X11 mode: have libraries, but user must have X11 installed.

Building SDL with Xcode didn't work here, so I went with the simpler
command line way to create ".dylib" shared libraries.

./configure, make, make install (optionnal) then some tweaks with
install_name_tool to be able to put the dylibs in the directory of the
executable. Once you know what must be done, it doesn't take too much
time...

Depending on your needs you'll have to build libjpeg, libpng, libogg,
libvorbis, etc. I suggest that you build static and not shared versions
of those libs if you want them linked statically to
SDL_image/SDL_mixer. This is usually done with a ./configure option
like "--disable-shared".

--
Please remove ".ARGL.invalid" from my email when replying.
Incoming HTML mails are automatically deleted.