[SDL] SDL on Mac OS X

Chris Nystrom cnystrom at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 02:08:25 PST 2005

I am one of those guys that bought a Mac mini, to give OS X a whirl.
So far I am very impressed. However I have an SDL question:

I downloaded and installed the SDL and SDL development packages for
Mac OS X that integrate with Xcode. Cool so far, but then I went to
install some of the libraries such as SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_ttf,
etc. There were no pre-bult packages, so I thought I would just build
them. However, there does not appear to be an sdl-config script, so
the packages fail.

So it seems like there are 2 paths for SDL development on the OS X platform:

1. Native Xcode: integrates well with OS X, but no libraries.

2. X11 mode: have libraries, but user must have X11 installed.

Is my understanding of the situation correct?

Thank you,
Chris

--
Chris Nystrom <cnystrom at gmail.com>