[SDL] Problem with rendertargets (no output/video)

Eric Vidal evidal at ateneo.edu
Wed Jan 26 15:51:24 PST 2005

> >Application used to work fine, however with a reinstall of Ubuntu
> >Linux (Debian-based), I cannot get it working (get a blank output in
> Are your sure your OpenGL configuration is correct ? Can you run
> other

If you are running Debian unstable, the bug is caused by the NVidia
driver installation not updating the symbolic links properly -- so your
/usr/lib/libGL.so is probably a broken link.  Some precompiled OpenGL
programs will still work -- but compiling and linking your own programs
will be broken.

Just remove that link and create a new libGL.so that points to
libGL.so.1 on the same directory.  The chain should run down to
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.0.<nvidia_driver_version> (e.g. 6629).  That should
fix everything.  :)

Eric Vidal
Lecturer / Graduate Research Assistant, DISCS
Ateneo de Manila University
http://aegis.ateneo.net/evidal/