[SDL] hardware alpha & colorkey support

Stephane Marchesin stephane.marchesin at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 25 14:31:09 PST 2005

sapsan wrote:

> Stephane Marchesin wrote:
>
>> sapsan wrote:
>>
>>> There are some really annoying questions(as for game development
>>> process):
>>> 1)" Does current SDL version has hardware alpha blitting(i mean
>>> about hardware per pixel alpha support)?";
>>

>> No, because of a bug in SDL.
>>
>> No backend currently has support for hardware accelerated alpha.
>> However, there is a fix for the bug and a backend (glSDL) that does
>> hw accelerated alpha in this tarball :
>> http://icps.u-strasbg.fr/~marchesin/sdl/SDL12-experimental.tgz
>>
> Sorry for my english again.

Hehe :) no problem, I don't think mine is perfect either.

> Tnx, but I got error, when try to compile SDL.dll in Borland C++
> Builder 6:
>
> [Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SDL_HasMMX' referenced from
> D:\PROJECTS\TOOLS\SDL\PATCH\SDL12.EXPERIMENTAL\SRC\VIDEO\SDL_BLIT_N.OBJ
>
> What I must to do? (Because I am a pure pascal programmer :()

You need to add the SDL12/src/cpuinfo/SDL_cpuinfo.c to the borland C
project.
If you do so, _please_ send the modified project files here (or to me by
mail if they are too big and you have nowhere to put them). That problem
affects other people so it would be nice.

Stephane