[SDL] Re: Re: SDL_mixer SDL_image and SDL_ttf problems

Norman Elliott nelliott at uklinux.net
Tue Jan 25 14:21:15 PST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:44:29 +0100, Benjamin Deutsch wrote:

>>>Re: SDL_mixer SDL_image and SDL_ttf problems
>>>You have to add the libraries like so:
>>
>>  cut <<
>>>-TomT64
>>

>> Thanks, I tried it but this is what happened :
>>
>> g++ TroutWars.cpp -o TrWars1 `/usr/bin/sdl-config --libs` -lSDL_image
>> -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_mixer
>>
>> /usr/lib/libSDL_ttf.a(SDL_ttf.o)(.text+0x67): In function `TTF_Init': :
>> undefined reference to `FT_Init_FreeType'
>> cut <<
>> cut  <<
>    Benjamin Deutsch

Well Guys,

I was just about to ammend my last post because one
program did compile.

But then I saw the second reply and tried that suggestion and
was able to get them all working

So with both of the replies you added greatly to my knowledge.
( I have not done C before just some php, javascript and
years ago Visual Basic )
So thanks again.
best wishes,
Norman