[SDL] hardware alpha & colorkey support

sapsan sapsan at rv.uar.net
Tue Jan 25 13:46:40 PST 2005

Stephane Marchesin wrote:

> sapsan wrote:
>
>> There are some really annoying questions(as for game development
>> process):
>> 1)" Does current SDL version has hardware alpha blitting(i mean about
>> hardware per pixel alpha support)?";
>

> No, because of a bug in SDL.
>
> No backend currently has support for hardware accelerated alpha.
> However, there is a fix for the bug and a backend (glSDL) that does hw
> accelerated alpha in this tarball :
> http://icps.u-strasbg.fr/~marchesin/sdl/SDL12-experimental.tgz

Sorry for my english again.

Tnx, but I got error, when try to compile SDL.dll in Borland C++ Builder 6:

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SDL_HasMMX' referenced from
D:\PROJECTS\TOOLS\SDL\PATCH\SDL12.EXPERIMENTAL\SRC\VIDEO\SDL_BLIT_N.OBJ

What I must to do? (Because I am a pure pascal programmer :()