[SDL] Re: Linux, OpenGl, VBO and SDL?

Christiane U. cu at cg.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jan 25 06:53:11 PST 2005

Nicolai Haehnle <prefect_ <at> gmx.net> writes:

> On Friday 21 January 2005 14:05, Christiane U. wrote:
> > I know that's not a good question for an SDL forum, but do you know if it
> > is possible to use VBOs without SDL :] ?
>
> Yes, I know, and yes, it's possible. BTW, GLUT may have a GetProcAddress
> function, too. Besides, there are many GLUT demos that use extensions. It
> shouldn't be hard to get documentation on that, so the only question that
> remains is: Why not SDL? :P
>
> cu,
> Nicolai

Yes it works :). I found the problem. I just had to call glXGetProcAddressARB
instead of wglGetProcAddress (or SDL_GetProcAdress).
Why not SDL? I didn't want to switch libraries just because I couldn't solve the
problem with glut. The reason should be because SDL is better, shouldn't it ;) ?

cu,
Christiane.