[SDL] Win 9x problems

J Inacio jinacio3 at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jan 25 04:48:34 PST 2005

 People from M$ says it is broken (all versions of
windows).
 I do not use windows... I like the Unix-like
environment, and I fell more secure on it.
 Despite of most used (for now, you can be sure about
it), it does not mean it is better.
 I can start a flame... but, I like the facts, not
what  people from  press (paid by M$) say.

 It is my personal opinion. If you like M$ arch, it is
ok, I do respect your taste and opinion, but I will
not pay attention to your complains about it :)

 --- Rob Probin <rob at lightsoft.co.uk> escreveu:
> Two questions as follows. I've attached my build
> script and a minimal program.
>
> 1. I'm getting a weird problem on one of my Win98
> test environments.
> On the other Win 98 environment and on a real Win 98
> and Windows XP
> it seems just fine. On calling "Mix_OpenAudio" the
> program locks.
> Trying to terminate it results in a locked up
> machine.
>
> Anybody seen anything like this? Is that Win98
> environment broken? I
> guess I could trace inside Mix_OpenAudio - I guess
> that's the next
> option.
>

> 2. Have we officially dropped Win95 support or is my
> Win95
> environment also broken? My programs appear to work
> just fine with
> older versions of SDL.dll (not sure which old
> version I have on Win95
> - maybe 1.2.5)
>
> I get two dialog boxes trying to run the example -
> the first reads
> ""The SDL.DLL file is linked to a missing export
> USER32.DLL:GetAncestor"" and the second reads
> "C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\test\test.exe    A device
> attached to the system
> is not functioning."
>
> I'm using SDL1.2.8 and SDL_mixer 1.2.6 DLL's in both
> cases.
>

> (As a site note - I'm building targeting Windows
> using MinGW and fink
> on MacOSX - don't you just love gcc!)
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Regards,
> Rob
>

> #!/bin/sh
>
> PREFIX=/usr/local/cross-tools
> TARGET=i386-mingw32msvc
> PATH="$PREFIX/bin:$PREFIX/$TARGET/bin:$PATH"
> export PATH
> exec gcc -o sdl_test.exe sdl_test.c

-I/usr/local/cross-tools/i386-mingw32msvc/include/SDL