[SDL] Linux, OpenGl, VBO and SDL?

Nicolai Haehnle prefect_ at gmx.net
Fri Jan 21 04:41:46 PST 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 18:01, Christiane U. wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to use VBOs under Linux/C and found some code samples that use SDL
> to call the functions of the openGL extension.
>
> Do you know another way, without SDL? If not, is this the right way to use
> it?
> It crashes while calling glDrawArrays :(
> Any suggestions?
[snip]

You seem to be very confused. You're mixing GLUT and SDL in the same
program. Both SDL and GLUT serve the same purpose in this context (namely
setting up an OpenGL window and rendering context for you), so mixing them
is a) pointless and b) likely to cause problems like the one you've
encountered.

cu,
Nicolai