[SDL] Input / Output with SDL (using Dev- C++)

Justin Coleman jmcoleman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 09:24:52 PST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:08:25 +0000 (UTC), Daniel
<zombie_1985 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The probelm is that
> after adding the SDl code interface to my program's sourcecode, I can't use
> console I/O anymore.  Te be more exact, the program compiles correctly without
> any errors but when I run it it just freezes on the windows command prompt
> console.

I think this is caused by SDL's redirection of stdout and stderr into
text files. Check the directory where your program ran, and look for a
file named stdout.txt - it should have the first line of your
program's output in it.

I believe there's a define you can change that will cause SDL not to
redirect those two streams, but I'm not sure what it is. Check the SDL
docs for more info.

Hope this helps,

-Justin