[SDL] 2 questions about installing SDL

J Inacio jinacio3 at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jan 19 09:05:16 PST 2005

 Hi there.

1-

 The problem in this case is:
 As a user, you do not have write access to
/usr/local/lib. As you use --prefix=~/ (you home dir),
there is an option for libs also (wich I do not
remeber now). I will give a look as soon as I get home
and send it to you.
 I never had used SDL this way (I use linux at home,
but as I have root access, I install the usual way).

  Just a silly question... have you ever checked if
SDL is not already installed? In Linux, SDL is almost
default for every distro (linux distribution) I know,
even Slackware (wich I use at home).

2- try "make" (on the dir of the sample you want to
compile).

 Best regards,

 J Inacio Ferrarini
 Salvador - Bahia - Brazil