[SDL] Re: SDL under Mac OS X

Olivier Fabre off at free.fr.ARGL.invalid
Wed Jan 19 00:47:16 PST 2005

On 18/01/2005, Bob Ippolito, you wrote:

>> but I think I downloaded the framework thing, and then its installer
>> told me it had installed everything I didn't want and I had to use
>> the
>> source distro to get what I wanted. At least, that's what I
>> understood :]

> Well, you're mistaken..  The SDL framework isn't missing anything as
> far as I can tell.  I've been using them for quite some time.

Looks like I wasn't dreaming. Here is what the SDL 1.2.8 developer
package for Mac OS X says after install:

What was installed and where:
    Project Stationary in /Developer/ProjectBuilder Extras
    HTML documentation in /Developer/Documentation/SDL
    This README in your home directory.
    Package receipt in /Library/Receipts/SDL-devel.pkg

What was not installed (Available in the SDL source code):
    - SDL framework.
    - SDL library source code and Framework Projects.
    - configure/make support (available with source code).

> zlib ships with the OS, SDL_image and SDL_mixer should also be
> available as precompiled frameworks from their respective download
> pages.

There isn't any package for Mac on
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/ and ../SDL_image/.

Regards
--
Please remove ".ARGL.invalid" from my email when replying.
Incoming HTML mails are automatically deleted.