[SDL] SDL_Image export image capability?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jan 18 00:57:34 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 02:04:39AM +0000, Damian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans to enhance SDL_Image to save images to disk?

Probably not in SDL_Image, because it would add a bloat
(small amount, at least), that most people wouldn't take advantage of.

> It would be really useful if it could save PNG (and possibly JPEG
> and BMP, but mostly PNG) from a surface or specified memory location
> or something like that.

I wrote a function in Tux Paint to export to PNG, using the libPNG functions.
It wasn't very hard, I just followed the libPNG instructions. ;)

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com          April shower bring Kompressor power!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/