[SDL] Re: Getting the client size in SDL OpenGL Window

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Mon Jan 17 18:22:17 PST 2005

Glen RItchie wrote:
> Well then, I am at a complete loss as to why the exact
> code works perfectly under win32 when i pass the client
> area to glViewport but fails under SDL and GLUT when i
> pass the window size/width...

By this do you mean that you are combining GLUT and SDL in a single program?
That seems like an odd combination, since there is a lot of overlap of
functionality between GLUT and SDL.  Combining both libraries in one program
may result in unexpected side effects.

GLUT aside, there's not much I can do.  The parameters passed to
SDL_SetVideoMode are supposed to be the dimensions of the client area.  It
works for me.  If it doesn't work for you, either there is a bug in your
code, or you have discovered a bug in SDL.

--
Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com - http://eldwood.com