[SDL] SDL under Mac OS X

Matthew Cox matthew.c at rogers.com
Mon Jan 17 13:29:15 PST 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> I'm not sure how people think the library solution is easier (or why
> you feel the need to build it yourself, unless you're patching it, but
> then you have LGPL issues), but whatever floats your boat.

I think that's precisely it. The people advocating the dylib approach
tend to be people coming from a traditional unix environment. It sounds
like the original poster was porting from Linux, so this is probably
what will make more sense to him.

I'm not sure what optimizations are applied to the dylib (-Os/n?, G3,
G4, G5?), which is another reason to build yourself.

Then of course there's the unix mindset of not really trusting anything
you haven't compiled yourself (hey, that's why I was a Gentoo user pre-OS X)

Matt