[SDL] SDL slower in fullscreen mode

David Olsen jolynsbass at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 11:05:38 PST 2005

Colin,
Are you using SDL_DisplayFormat() to ensure that your surfaces will blit as
fast as possible? Also, check that you really are getting a 32-bit surface,
and that everything is not being converted "on-the-fly", with every
blit(Though, SDL_DisplayFormat should keep that from happening, regardless
of actual bit-depth.)
Another thing to check is: Are you using SDL_Delay() with values of less
than 10? For some reason, one application I wrote behaved very erratically
and slowly if I used anything less than 10ms as a delay. Some CPU's don't
respond well to that I guess. Just an idea.
-Dave