[SDL] endianness in SDL_audio.c

Frode Tennebø frodet at nvg.ntnu.no
Thu Jan 27 06:40:06 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 17:47 +0100, Agustí Puertas Carbonell wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> I need to load a lot of images using too much memory space when loaded:
> 152 images, 35kb each but in memory they are much bigger because of
> image uncompression and byte alignment.
> My idea is to read all the image data compressed in png format in memory
> and load the images from memory instead of disk.
> Thanks!

How much bigger? 152*35 = 5320K or about 5.2 megabytes. Even if they are
5 times bigger in ram that isn't that much memory. On a newer video card
you could just push them all off to a corner of the video ram and hardly
notice the memory usage.

It might be a lot cheaper to just buy some more RAM than to waste time
trying to cram 10 pounds of potatoes into a 5 pound bag.