[SDL] Multi Monitor Question.

Richard Schreyer rws_list at girr.org
Wed Jan 12 22:36:50 PST 2005

Right now there is no multi-monitor support in SDL.  This means that SDL
apps do horrible things when they go into fullscreen on my dual-monitor
setup.  This includes, to my dismay, UT2004, and my own program.

Since I have development access to Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux, I've
been debating creating a patch for SDL that essentially allows you to
choose which monitor your context is created on, probably by creating a
new function that you would call instead of SDL_SetVideoMode.  It would
be essentially the same, except take one additional argument to choose
which screen to use.  This would also require new analog functions for
SDL_ListModes and the like, as well as a function to query available
screens.

If this patch were written, would there be interest in including it with
the main SDL distribution?  Has someone else already written this, and
if so, could I have a diff?

Richard Schreyer