[SDL] RE: Half Speed on 32 Bit Desktops

Jason Robertson dead_alive2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 20:28:33 PST 2005

Alan Wolfe wrote:
"you know OpenGL is like THE standard for 3d computer
graphics and computer graphic cards?"

Ehem. Let me restate my observation. Yes OpenGL is THE
standard graphics rendering API, no doubt. However,
OpenGL drivers being installed and OpenGL hardware
acceleration is still unfortunately not guaranteed on
each windows machine. Trust me I'd love it if everyone
had decent cards and updated drivers, but I'm making a
smallish 2D game so that may be asking too much. If it
were a full 3D game I'd have no reservations about
requiring OpenGL.