[SDL] Changing the Screen Size at Runtime

Michael Wyrzykowski wyrzy at juno.com
Tue Jan 11 05:29:15 PST 2005

>Short answer: not reliably.

>  http://twomix.devolution.com/pipermail/sdl/2004-September/064870.html
>  http://twomix.devolution.com/pipermail/sdl/2004-November/065847.html

I looked over the threads, but I still had one question. Maybe its not exactly changing the resolution, but more like "changing the window size". I can do this by using the mouse to resize the window, but I was wondering if I could manually push an event to accomplish the same thing. There is no need to reload the textures when I just change the window size with the mouse, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to specify this with code, as pushing an event of type SDL_VIDEORESIZE did not change the window size.

Now includes pop-up blocker!