[SDL] Shared Object File not Found :(

socomm socomm at myrealbox.com
Sat Jan 8 21:01:23 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 19:05 -0800, Samuel E. Bray wrote:
> On Saturday 08 January 2005 12:52 pm, Michael Otteneder wrote:
> > I've installed SDL_image. All seemed to be alright. But when I'm linking my
> > programm I get the following error:
> > sdl:error while loading shared libraries:libSDL_image.1.2.so.0:cannot open
> > shared objectfile:
> > No such file or directory

Please provide the fulll command issued when compiling/linking your
program.

> check to make sure that libSDL_image.1.2.so.0 is in your library path.
> (usually installs in /usr/local/lib)
> if you sysadmin then add that to your ld.so.conf, otherwise
> add it to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environ variable (ex: export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib )

Or alternatively (if you are running some sort of GNU/Linux
distribution) you can set it under the `ld.so.conf' file, which is
usually found under /etc, and run ldconfig to update your lib.so.cache.

Good luck,

--
socomm <socomm at myrealbox.com>