[SDL] Shared Object File not Found :(

Samuel E. Bray taxtropel_news at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 19:05:55 PST 2005

On Saturday 08 January 2005 12:52 pm, Michael Otteneder wrote:
> Hello!
> I've installed SDL_image. All seemed to be alright. But when I'm linking my
> programm I get the following error:
> sdl:error while loading shared libraries:libSDL_image.1.2.so.0:cannot open
> shared objectfile:
> No such file or directory
>
> I don't know what do do :(
>
> cu

check to make sure that libSDL_image.1.2.so.0 is in your library path.
(usually installs in /usr/local/lib)
if you sysadmin then add that to your ld.so.conf, otherwise
add it to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environ variable (ex: export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib )

deserve neither liberty nor safety.  --Benjamin Franklin