[SDL] Consequences of removing SDLCALL from SDL_audio.h

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Sat Jan 8 15:10:39 PST 2005

> In many places in the internet I found the instruction to remove SDLCALL from
> line 97 of SDL_audio.h to solve the compiling issues with Dev-C++ or mingw32.

> I would like to ask what the consequences of that action are? Will the
> audio-libs of SDL (p. e. SDL_sound or SDL_mixer) still fully work or are there
> problems to expect? And are there any other consequences that I have to know of?

It's only a problem if you're using stdcall or fastcall calling conventions
in your application.  By default, both SDL and gcc uses cdecl for the calling
convention, so you don't need to worry about it.

In fact, I'm going to remove the definition of SDLCALL for gcc, to avoid this
problem in the future.

See ya!