[SDL] Speeding up glClear?

Steve Smith onecrane at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:47:00 PST 2005

> 250ms for a glClear is _really_ slow. It's even slower than software
> rendering. What's your video hardware/opengl drivers ?

On the slow system, it's an old 16MB card, I don't even remember the
manufacturer; the OpenGL drivers are the default ones that come with
Windows 98.  I've noticed slow performance on most systems though,
honestly - it runs just fine on mine, a pentium 2.8 with a gig of
memory and a 256MB Geforce FX 5200.  I haven't run any timing on the
slow systems, though.

Steve