[SDL] writting a doom-like game

J Inacio jinacio3 at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jan 4 16:52:18 PST 2005

 --- m7174389-1 <priest at seraphim.info> escreveu:

 Well, C was my first programming language, C++ my
second and Java was the last I learned (3 years ago).
(the thing I most love in programming is pointers and
pointers of pointers).
 I used to write pascal and delphi code (wich I hate),
visual basic code (wich I hate even more than delphi).
 I wrote some asm inline codes, but it was 8 years
ago.
 I have to apologise, I had take doom too "easy".
 Maybe I should have said "Wolfenstein 3d".
 I just want to play with some matrices using SDL for
page flipping and things like that.
 The reason why I can not use OpenGL * for now *, is
that, my SiS 740 agp card is only 3d accelerator under
windows, and I do not even use windows anymore (I am a
Slackware fan ...) - I think I am not the only one on
the world wich have a pcchips motherboard (I will get
a MSI motherboard and everything will be different :)
)

 I was thinking about that for fun, only.
 Sorry if I looked like I thought I was a master C
programmer.
 I know that I looked like I was trying to show
myself,  but I was just trying to get some fun :)
 And I think I still have too much time, I am only 22
now ;)

 A special sorry for Bob Pendleton, I think I made him
angry someway.