[SDL] crosscompiling

jochen jochen at uxpx.de
Thu Jan 20 14:36:41 PST 2005

Quoting Stephane Marchesin <stephane.marchesin at wanadoo.fr>:

> pallavnawani at sancharnet.in wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >

> >If I try to run the binary compiled on pc1 on pc2, I get the following
> >error:
> >
> >*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x08e33fe0 ***
> >Aborted
> >
> >And the program is aborted. If I compile the game on pc2, however, it
> >runs just fine. And of course, the binary compiled on pc2 does not run
> >on pc1 because it demands different version of glibc.
> >
> >The executables run well on the pc on which they are compiled.
> >

> >Any suggestions on what is going wrong? A better way to do this? I
> >could compile a static binary, but I think the problem above will
> >probably not go away.
> >
> No, because it's probably a bug in your code.
> Recent linux distributions include a small memcheck tool in the
> mallocing routines (which is good if you ask me) and this tool found a bug.
>
> I advise using a real memory checker (valgrind is the best you can get)
> and fix your code.
>
> Stephane

Well, that possibility certainly exists. But then why does the binary compiled
on fc3 run without problems, while the binary compiled with fc1 gives the above
problem on fc3? Both of them should be aborted with the same message, should
they not?

I'll try with valgrind, as you suggested. I had earlier tried memprof, but my
program refuses to run when memprof spawns it :(

Best,
Pallav