[SDL] glSDL backend

Lucas Clemente Vella lvella at uai.com.br
Sun Jan 2 16:46:17 PST 2005

Stephane Marchesin wrote:
> Well, considering that glSDL doesn't change the x11 backend, there is
> probably another problem.
> If you compile it but don't set the environment variable, does it work ?

I give up on blobwars. Even with unpatched SDL, I need to restart my X11
once to get it working (I have no idea why), but after restarting X11,
it works with unpatched SDL and with glSDL (withoud sound in both, I
belive it is a bug of my version of blobwars with SDL-1.2.8).
Now, with nq-sdl(software render), form QuakeForge, worked with no
problem without setting SDL_VIDEODRIVER, setting it to glSDL, dga and x11.
With nq-sgl (OpenGL), without setting SDL_VIDEODRIVER, I got almost the
same thing that I got with Neverwinter Nights:

NWN:
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  89 (X_StoreColors)
   Value in failed request:  0xffffffff
   Serial number of failed request:  28

nq-sgl:
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  89 (X_StoreColors)
   Value in failed request:  0xffffffff
   Serial number of failed request:  29

Lucas Clemente Vella
lvella at uai.com.br