[SDL] Window Centering?

William Petiot william at exoide.com
Sat Jan 1 15:51:32 PST 2005

Under windows, with vc standard library, putenv() and getenv() should work
try #include <stdlib.h>. They work for the CURRENT process only. And only if
one uses consistently putenv() getenv() (ie: doesn't try to query
environment without using getenv() )

- Quoted from msdn :

"That is, these functions operate only on data structures accessible to the
run-time library and not on the environment "segment" created for a process
by the operating system".

If they are unresolved, try using _putenv() _getenv(), but this should not
be necessary.

The important thing is to have this putenv("SDL_WINDOWsomething"..) done
BEFORE SDL needs it.

btw, If someone wanted to know :

There are 2 functions in win32 api to set or query an environment variable
for the *current* process, provided by the win32 kernel :

DWORD GetEnvironmentVariable(
	LPCTSTR lpName,
	LPTSTR lpBuffer,
	DWORD nSize);