[SDL] SDL in dll - program crashes

Michal Rost m.rost at seznam.cz
Thu Jan 13 12:09:23 PST 2005

Hi all,
I put a part of my code, which contains creation of window an utilization of screen (in SDL) in to a dll file, but problem is that program, which uses this dll crashes in it's end, even that exact code used in this dll worked outside of dll perfectly.

I tryed to find where exactly program crashes and I found that it is right after calling SDL_Quit(); So I took a look in to SDL specification and I found a note, that there could be some problems with calling atexit(); and SDL_Quit(); outside dynamic library...but when I removed calling of these functions from my dll, program crashed with same error message (close to the end of the application, I suppose on automatic freeing of sdl).

I am completly feckless, I searched this problem on google and other forums, I found some posts with same problem, like this http://twomix.devolution.com/pipermail/sdl/2004-April/061325.html, but no usefull answers :(

P.S.: I tryed to call SDL_INIT_NOPARACHUTE in SDL_Init() but it didn´t help.

                                                                                                                                            Michal Rost