[SDL] Re: SDL_Error could no be located in the dynamic link library

Marek Skórkowski marun_s at wp.pl
Sun Jan 2 18:59:30 PST 2005

SDL.dll

>> Hello developers,
>>
>> When I try to execute my program on Windows I get message: 'The procedure entry point SDL_Error could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL.dll' and program exits and if I start to debugg the program it works fine, until I try to close it, because I got then segmentation fault
>>
>> I'm using Dev-C++ with SDL 1.2.4
>
>This has been fixed with SDL 1.2.8
>Make sure you edit SDL_audio.h and remove SDLCALL from the line that doesn't
>compile, due to a bug in gcc's parser under Windows.
>
>See ya!
>-Sam Lantinga, Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment> Hello developers,

Thanks! I have updated SDL and now it works beatyfull :D

>>On Linux Fedora Core 3 with gcc 3.4.2 and SDL 1.2.8 always when I execute program I get Segmentation fault. Gdb said 0x0804bd in close (). As far as I understand gdb a program crushes at line 'if (SDL_Init (SDL_INIT_VIDEO) != 0)'

Answer for this is simpler. I have created _global variable_ 'close' which is somehow interacting with SDL, and makes the segmentation fault.

Thanks to all who tried to figure this out.
Marun

Pamiêtaj o noworocznych ¿yczeniach - zobacz gotowe tre¶ci ¿yczeñ!
Kliknij: http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.bramkasms.wp.pl&sid=293