[SDL] OpenGL v1.2+ and Windows
neffra2 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 18:57:01 PDT 2003
I have some simple (I hope) questions about OpenGL and M$ Windows I'm hoping somebody can answer. I know that Windows ships with version 1.1 of OpenGL on most of the OS's currently in production. However, there are features contained in OpenGL v1.2+ that I would like to be able to eventually take advantage of. I find no support (code or docs) for these versions available on the MS website, and thus my questions:
1. What is required to develop code that makes use of v1.2 or greater of OpenGL on a Windows machine?
2. Who maintains those SDKs and where do you find them?
3. If you plan on installing your program which uses OpenGL v1.2+ on many client machines, would it be the installer's job to install the updated libraries or would it be better to assume that the video drivers have already been installed by the client and simply test for the version required during install?
4. Which newer version of OpenGL would it be safe to assume that the majority of video drivers in production today support: 1.2, 1.3, 1.4?
5. Is SDL affected at all by using the different versions of OpenGL?
Sorry if this topic was beaten to death somewhere else, but I'm having a tough time finding/getting the info. Any replys would be gratefully appreciated.
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SDL