[SDL] Problem with ALSA only...

Stephane Marchesin stephane.marchesin at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 30 14:14:01 PST 2003

Eddahbi Karim wrote:

>Module                  Size  Used by
>ppp_synctty             9920  0
>ppp_async              11904  1
>nvidia               1705836  10
>snd_via82xx            25216  5
>snd_ac97_codec         54916  1 snd_via82xx
>
>Yes I've one...
>It's an autoloaded module. What module did you load to make it work
>properly ?

I just did an lsmod and remembered how I got everything working : I'm
using oss emulation all the time, which has far less issues.
Using alsa caused me a lot of trouble, you can search the net and you'll
find lots of problems with AC97 chips. I did some testing and it seems
the issues arise depending on the sound rate. Considering the numerous
issues with AC97, and the fact that those arise (at least for me) using
either alsa or oss, I don't think this is SDL-related.

Stephane