[SDL] Problem with ALSA only...

Eddahbi Karim installation_fault_association at yahoo.fr
Sat Nov 29 23:33:01 PST 2003

Le sam 29/11/2003 à 19:41, Stephen Anthony a écrit :

> OK, then I don't know what it is then.
>
> The strange thing is that when using SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa, the problem
> occurs.  But when using SDL_AUDIODRIVER=dma, the problem goes away.
> But in this case it's using OSS emulation under ALSA.  I don't even
> have the OSS sound drivers installed, so it's still using ALSA code at
> some level.

If I compile SDL with only the alsa support and I did
SDL_AUDIODRIVER=dma, I got no sound :-\.
I've a via82xx, libsdl-1.2.6-r3

I've installed libsdl, like that :

USE="-esd -svga -arts -oss xinerama fbcon nojoystick"  emerge -vp libsdl

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] media-libs/libsdl-1.2.6-r2  -oss +alsa -esd -arts -nas
+X -dga +xv +xinerama +fbcon +directfb -ggi -svga +aalib +opengl
-noaudio -novideo +nojoystick

It's really strange, I think I'll keep the OSS emulation at the moment.

Eddahbi Karim

Phone :
(33) (0)6 61 30 57 77

France